We are looking for people to teach children about birds at our Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary.
Audubon’s Birds Volunteer Naturalists will:
- Receive training once a week for 5 weeks to learn to lead programs, manage student groups, become familiar with program materials and understand Audubon’s mission.
- Lead small groups of children on hour long school yard and neighborhood bird walks for K through 3rd grade students.
- Lead hour long in-class bird focused education programs for Kindergarten through 3rd grade students.
- Gather and set-up materials needed for school yard and neighborhood bird walks and in-class programs.
- Lead Audubon’s Birds Center Field Trip programs. Field trips run 2 to 3 hours depending on grade.